Author Topic: Paul’s ANUDIMENSION Porsche GTB Build  (Read 81931 times)

Alex360

• Extreme Owner
  • "You got a heavy foot"
    • View Profile
    • Acetech Security Limited
Re: Paul’s ANUDIMENSION Porsche GTB Build
« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2017, 07:01:09 AM »
Looking great Paul,
Hope to catch up with you this Sunday at Stoneleigh buddy

Cheers

Alex360

rshores228

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: May 03, 2017, 05:12:06 AM »
Any new pictures or updates?

Paul79

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: May 08, 2017, 10:23:46 PM »
Time for an update - sorry it has been so long, but things have been very busy. I’d like to be further along with the car but family and work takes priority at the moment. Plus my darling wife has a very long house DIY list I had to get thru. Good news is this weekend I finished the major jobs so now I plan to get back to the car on a regular basis.

Also it was lovely to see you guys at Stoneleigh – it was a good turn out from Extreme and DNA and was nice the weather was ok for once.

So what have I done? Well bits and bobs at the rear end of the car. Fitted the lights (still need to wire up), added the rear number plate and surround, reverse camera and number plate lights. I also ordered and picked up some goodies from Porsche which include rear bumper reflectors, front bumper grills and rear upper bumper grill. I’ve blacked out under the rear wheel arches as well so it is nice and clean. I’ve also had both number plates nicked from my other cars out the front of my house, so I’ve gone security mad and had CCTV installed. Hence why I am blanking out the number plates now in the photos.

When I picked up the parts from Porsche, the place was also a Ferrari garage. My word, Ferrari’s galore, so I took a photo of mine with them real ones in the background. Below are some pictures of progress

Paul79

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: May 08, 2017, 10:24:47 PM »
more....

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 09, 2017, 07:41:34 AM »
Coming along nicely mate ,looking sweet Paul , was great to see you at stoneliegh also ???? Jd

Paul79

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: May 21, 2017, 09:04:34 PM »
Evenings Guys

A couple of weekend’s worth of work to update you on. I’ve fitted up the rear grill that I got from Porsche at the top of the bumper. I had to take the ducktail spoiler off, pre drill out the marked holes and then it just bolts in place with washers and nuts underneath. I had to trim away part of the rear of the grill surround, so that the ducktail spoiler support bolts clear it (see pictures).

With the spoiler back in place the rear is really starting to take shape. Behind the grill I will black it all out at a later date, but also I am tempted to add another brake light strip. I’ve ordered one so will see what that is like when it comes. I might as well try it out now while I am doing the wiring for it.

I also started to look at the wing mirrors. You need the motors from the Boxster mirrors. I tried previously to prise off the mirror and plate from the motor and I was too heavy handed and actually broker the mechanism behind it. So I ordered another second hand mirror for £20. This time I literally just cut up the mirror so I could get to the rear of the mirror plate and remove it properly to free the motor. You need to extend all the wiring anyway, so I just cut them and after undoing the 3 screw bolts that hold the motor in place out it came. You can see on the GT3 mirrors where the motor mounts. I ordered a new mirror glass off eBay for around £15 ready for when the times comes.

Paul79

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: May 21, 2017, 09:06:33 PM »
Mirrors

Paul79

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: May 21, 2017, 09:16:22 PM »
During the evenings I have also been slowly painting up the hubs on the car so they are nice and black behind the wheels. I did this by hand with a brush after masking up the disc. Then my attention turned to the callipers. The Porsche red had faded after 15 years to a baby pink, so I masked everything up using bin bags and masking tape and sprayed them a nice shade of red. This is the first time I’ve done something like this as they turned out really well. I looked at videos on you tube and it is easy, especially as you can do while the calipers are on the car. I'm really pleased. I will leave them a week or so and add the Porsche logos to them. I've also sprayed a lot of the underside of the car black as well, so it all looks clean in there. I used a combination of tough satin black and high temperature paint just in case.

Paul79

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: May 21, 2017, 09:30:17 PM »
I’ve saved the best till last. I have finally bought my wheels. It took a while to find ones as there aren’t that many available. Well, not unless you want to spend £000’s. LOL.

I wanted to go for a more spoke like set of wheels as opposed to the Hockenheim look on the ANuD demo car. So last week I sent a few emails out to wheel companies with the dimensions I wanted. Roland at ANuD gave me the spec on the demo car, but I couldn’t find ones exactly the same. The demo car has 10.5s on the rear and 9s on the front. I manage to find 9.5s on the rear and 8.5 on the front. While they are narrower, I made up the difference by getting them in a lower offset.

Which leads me on to spacers. I’ve ordered those as well. For the rear you need 30mm spacers. Loads on eBay, so I got the ones below. These are ones that bolt directly to the hub like the DNA ones. I got black ones to match the hubs. Then on the fronts you just need a 10mm shim, again in black with longer bolts.

As for tyres, my Boxster came with 205 on the front and 255 on the rear. I should be able to get 275 on the rear and 235 on the front. My DNA 430 has 245 on the rear and that is plenty for me.

The wheels I got are 20 inch Bola ZTR’s. The are 10 spokes but with a slant so they look a bit like a turbine. I did a mock up with them on the demo car and also on a blue one as I am going for a blue GT3.. I love em!!!! Note they are directional, so on the mock up with the white demo car they are the wrong way around, but you get the idea.

Cheets

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: May 23, 2017, 12:33:58 PM »
Looking good bud and do like the wheels :)

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cdrskull@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #100 on: May 24, 2017, 08:25:20 AM »
very nice... love the colour too.  Have you got a paint date yet?

Paul79

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: May 28, 2017, 06:53:22 AM »
thanks for the comments. no paint date set yet, but i hope to have it in the paint shop by xmas... fingers crossed

TrumpyAl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: June 13, 2017, 03:15:18 PM »
Flipped them for you.
Cleaned the backdrop up a little too as it was triggering the irk with me.

Watching from Oz, thanks for sharing  :)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 03:30:12 PM by TrumpyAl »

anudimension

• View Profile
    • Email

Paul79

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: June 25, 2017, 05:30:41 AM »
Thanks  for that TrumpyAl – I love those wheels

Anyway I have been really slack in updating the diary recently - So apologies for that. I have been doing a lot of work on the car (see Facebook photos) but never get round to posting here. Anyway, I am going to blitz it now to bring you all up-to-date and to help fellow builders…… ;D ;D ;D

Advert