Author Topic: NOTES FOR THIS SECTION OF THE BOARD  (Read 7001 times)

Drew355

• Administrator
    • View Profile
NOTES FOR THIS SECTION OF THE BOARD
« on: March 05, 2009, 01:13:26 PM »
As with the 360, this is the Murci section for build tips & is open for all to put in their build tips and advice with pics if possible. We will try to keep this area down to build related info rather than discussion & although unlikely, your posts may be edited or grouped with other advice on the same topic. This should keep the essential info in the right places & make it easier for future builders to access the info or advice they need.

Please be patient, this bit of the board is likely to take a bit to come together

Cheers!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 01:15:17 PM by Drew355 »

Bill

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: NOTES FOR THIS SECTION OF THE BOARD
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 10:12:11 AM »
Pretty good decision, i'm sure it will help people to go a step forward and i'm also sure i will also be good for extreme

Lambolambo

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 11:22:27 AM »
this is the Murci section for build tips & is open for all to put in their build tips and advice with pics if possible.
We will try to keep this area down to build related info rather than discussion & although unlikely,
your posts may be edited or grouped with other advice on the same topic.
This should keep the essential info in the right places & make it easier for future builders to access the info or advice they need.

Please be patient, this bit of the board is likely to take a bit to come together

Cheers!
Is this going to happen?
I thought Non Extreme kit owners have limited access to view built thread (picts).
I can only have access to read 90% of chats and discusions , 8% of picts (which is not extreme built related) and 2% of extreme built picts (when Mr.Omer came in to post his builts picts).
And i think it's because he didn't know that he can have access to the built thread at the first place.

How i wish everyone have access to view the builts thread.
It also help me a little on parts making.
I kept alot of old murcie built picts before they set the limit.
Some are just way too small to figure out.

Well, at least i know what parts extreme are selling/providing in their kit package.
So that i won't offend them by selling the same thing here.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 11:27:00 AM by Lambolambo »
IMPOSSIBLE? Tell yourself "I'm-possible!"

Drew355

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 01:23:59 PM »
Its a fair point, initially I think the non access to build diaries was to protect the build methods and vids etc of extreme.

I dont think this is quite as necessary anymore with extreme considering putting them on youtube so we may be able to change the site, perhaps to open up the build diaries to approved members i.e. people like yourself that have made a significant contibution to the forum.

Im relatively new to the admin side of websites, so I will have to speak to Steve to see if this is possible. i.e. to create another class of member. If it is, then I will put it to the other owners on the website.

It needs thinking about, i.e. maybe owners can post, but members can only view that section.

I will keep you informed!

BTW - I have been working on some written sections and snapshot pics from the dvd of the build to help me whilst im outside building the car, which i intended to add in here at some point.

davecymru

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 02:01:18 PM »
That would be cool, as i suspect that the majority of the questions that I'm currently asking out in the open are already answered in the restricted section, but i can understand why i wouldn't have visibility until i actually buy the kit.

if there was a 3rd category of "in progress builders" for people in the same situation as me, it would be ideal!

Bill

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 11:30:48 AM »
I totally agree with you
There are many other examples with kit car compagnies helping with vids or dvd, two years ago i had bough a dvd "a car is born" and i also bought the building manual from Pilgrim.
if you don't know what it is , just clic on the link:

http://images.google.be/imgres?imgurl=http://www.sofacinema.co.uk/guardian/images/products/7/19937-large.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.sofacinema.co.uk/visitor/product/19937-Car-Is-Born-A-Pilgrim-Sumo.html&usg=__6sY0RUB-H8zEgKEC_SixDD6oiB4=&h=429&w=300&sz=14&hl=fr&start=1&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=BbX736pu8FulXM:&tbnh=126&tbnw=88&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbuilding%2Ba%2Bpilgrim%2Bsumo%2Bdvd%26um%3D1%26hl%3Dfr%26sa%3DN%26tbs%3Disch:1

I think it was a great idea from them because as ythe result: the sumo was a huge success on the kit car scene.

Drew355

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 01:47:30 PM »
The forum was set up as a place for builders to discuss how we make the cars, share ideas and info. This site has almost 2000 members now with only around 15% being owners. We still want to retain somewhere we can talk and discuss ideas without having to answer qns from non owners, newbies etc.

Obviously we all have to learn and new members are always welcome, but sometimes builders just want to ask other builders how they sorted a particualr problem, or discuss a cheap limited deal for parts etc.

The owners club is relatively new & we can develop it as the owners see fit, so whats everyones view?

cikamile

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 12:21:56 AM »
Im an owner and am still classified as a newbie...I would like to become an owner so I can post new pics of my project and would like to post questions.................................

Advert