Author Topic: DADS360 - THE Build diary!  (Read 32378 times)

dads360

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: DADS360 - THE Build diary!
« Reply #135 on: October 11, 2020, 12:53:55 PM »
Sorry for no updates, I have been plagued by jobs on my "other" vehicles. My daughter is into the VW camper van scene. Her recent trip to Santa Pod did not go well with reports of down on power from the 1.9 TD engine. So many hours of investigation revealed a partially blocked exhaust. Had to buy a special tool to get the down pipe off !!!!. Once that was resolved it was agreed we would fit an intercooler, this resulted in many more hours of fabrication and parts buying along with fuel pump and turbo mods. All went well until we tried to start the engine, what was once an easy engine to start was not having any of it. So undid all the fuel pump mods but still it would not start. More investigation revealed the cold start was inop. So had to rewire and and replace the cold start relay. Job done, three PSI boost is now twelve pounds of boost. 

dads360

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #136 on: October 11, 2020, 01:06:11 PM »
That was not the end of it, my daily driver BMW decided that it would throw up an rear door thorax yellow airbag light. It's never the airbag, oh no it's " resistance too high ". More hours of my life I will never get back. Two days later it throws up a red drivers airbag light, this was resolved by replacing the ZSL module in the steering column ,did that fix it ,no because it has to be coded to the car. So once that's resolved it throws up an engine management light, "adaptive mixture control bank one and bank two limit reached" this was a ruptured crankcase diaphragms. Did replacing them fix it, no the engine ECM has to have an adaptive control reset. Still have not fixed grand sons quad, I have the parts just not got round to it.

dads360

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #137 on: October 25, 2020, 03:59:54 PM »
Back to the project at last. The nearside B post is now in position. Just the edge for the door rubber to trim and then onto extending the roof drip rail to allow the drop glass to seal against the repositioned rubber.

dads360

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: November 16, 2020, 06:10:11 PM »
The two new guides for the door rubber are now in place, this allows the Audi window to seal to Peugeot body shell. 

dads360

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #139 on: November 16, 2020, 06:15:54 PM »
Sorry guys, reposted the earlier photo,s , new ones below.

dads360

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #140 on: April 22, 2021, 07:55:27 PM »
Hi every body back on the project at last. Been busy on Chinese quad bikes , no spark. Word of advise  "don't go there" .Major coolant leak on my BMW V8 daily driver, which the manufacturer says it's an engine out job. Resolved without removing the engine but still a massive job. Helping my daughter move house along with helping on all the little jobs that need doing
So started with an easy job making some brackets to mount the fuel tank vent system.

dads360

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #141 on: July 06, 2021, 06:07:11 PM »
Some shots of the air intakes. I have already shared photos on these but they were just wedged against the front bumper. Now they are mounted to the frames , the bumper just butts up to them. 

dcookie monster

• Extreme Owner
  • no cookie crumbs in this baby
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: August 10, 2021, 02:03:24 PM »
looking good bud, do you know how the A3 windows are fitted into the car ?  Ive tried looking on the forum but cant find any info on it, ive got what i think is the latest build DVD but nothing about the windows as i want to try and get some

dads360

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #143 on: August 11, 2021, 01:34:46 PM »
Hi dcookie monster ,look @ the masters build diary. Check " build diary " on the forum. His build is on "FERRARI 360 JD BUILD DIARY.

dads360

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #144 on: September 14, 2021, 07:52:21 PM »
Two more jobs ticked off the list. Nearside door lock frame fabricated and mounted. Nearside door mirror mount modified to align with the repositioned A post. 

AIG1355

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Temujin Restaurants
« Reply #145 on: September 15, 2021, 07:08:02 AM »
Great work! Thats going to be one solid car.
Cheers
Rich.

dads360

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #146 on: September 16, 2021, 07:26:16 PM »
Thanks for the kind words Rich, I am now on with extending the two channels which locate the weather strip on the door skin to glass interface. Then fabricating in steel the mounting for the door mirror. More pics to follow. Down to Machine Mart for mig wire and some belts for the power file.

dangerrous

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #147 on: September 19, 2021, 11:50:02 AM »
I admire your patience, I've been at mine for 11 years, I'm now at the paint prep stage, I can only describe this as the tedious and boring part of the build, I much prefer the metal fabrication.
 Nice to see every problem part of the build has been met with a professional solution and not a back street bodge  :)
keep posting updates
D

dads360

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #148 on: September 27, 2021, 06:30:49 PM »
Work on the channel for the door weather strip completed . Fabricated the mount for the nearside door mirror.

dads360

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #149 on: October 07, 2021, 05:46:49 PM »
Latest work has been on the passenger seat belt fitment. Had to remove the nearside fuel tank to gain access to install a captive nut on the fire wall.

Advert