Author Topic: DADS360 - THE Build diary!  (Read 32397 times)

dads360

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: DADS360 - THE Build diary!
« Reply #120 on: May 31, 2020, 05:44:55 PM »
The front brake rework is complete, Assembled some of the sheet metal for the " trunk". I will leave the rest of the panels for later as before long I will have to separate the body from the chassis to seal all the seams and to give it an under coating of body schutz. 

dads360

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: June 04, 2020, 12:39:49 PM »
Revisited the engine cover lock mounting. The way I had made it originally made it very difficult to access/adjust the lock. So after checking with Enzo [ looked at photo's on the internet] I remade it his way. The setup is quite complex, the lever on the door jam opens the engine cover, but should this fail there is a knob to pull inside the fuel filler cap to open the engine cover. Should the switch on the centre console not open the fuel filler flap you can open the engine cover and then access the hidden knob which opens the fuel filler flap !!!!!!!!!!. Photos below .

dads360

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #122 on: June 10, 2020, 04:41:57 PM »
More work at the rear, stripping out the engine/gearbox frame to enable all the brackets for the oil tank to be made and fitted. Then on to making the outer mounting brackets for the rear bumper. Some shots of the steel roof being prepped in readiness for it to be installed. The tricky bit is rolling a wire bead into the rear edge to line up with the engine cover.

dads360

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #123 on: June 15, 2020, 08:43:26 PM »
Work started on mounting the engine bay oil tank. Couple of shots of the the tank mocked up and shots of one of the mounting brackets. Will post more when I have completed the second mount.

dads360

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: June 22, 2020, 12:03:50 PM »
The two oil tank mounting bracket I made turned out to be prototypes !!!!!. I had not figured in the mounting for the clutch slave cylinder mounted on the trans axle, it's the silver housing in the first photo. So two new mounts had to be made. All done now.

dads360

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #125 on: June 28, 2020, 01:43:47 PM »
Made a start on the nearside door, hockey stick and end cap sorted. Collision bar removed from inside the door and prepped ready to bolt and glue to the outside of the door.

dads360

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #126 on: July 03, 2020, 05:13:44 PM »
Sorry for the poor photos in the previous post. I have now completed the refabricating of the Audi A3 door window mechanism for the passenger side. Shown are the handed pair of mechanisms. The door bar is fitted to the door, so now it's time for all the hard work of fitting the frame into the door shell and doing the internal linkage and outer door handle. Just out of interest it was me who identified the Audi A3 two door as a candidate for the Extreme 360 kit .During my day job I drove around the country visiting customers and dealerships, so took the plastic window that came with the kit and used to walk around the company car parks offering up the window to see if any were suitable. When I had identified the Audi as suitable I shared the info with the team at Extreme. The engine support frame is back from powder coating. It's coming along now, next is repositioning the B post and then the steel roof.

dads360

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #127 on: July 10, 2020, 04:27:58 PM »
Door mechanism now fitted in the nearside door. photo's show the misalignment of the back edge of the drop glass to the rear quarter panel. This is fixed by putting in a new B post. This corrects the misalignment and also becomes hidden under the rear Ferrari quarter light glass. The roof rails are next to be modded and then to work on the outside handle and stiffen up the back of the door behind the fibreglass door cap.

dads360

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #128 on: August 03, 2020, 12:18:24 PM »
I have been busy with family MOT's so progress has been slow on the passenger door. But I did have chance to sort out the steering wheel.

dads360

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: August 07, 2020, 07:40:26 PM »
Back on the passenger door, reinforcement  plates made, these will be welded and bolted in place. Shot of the inner door modified and ready to go.

dads360

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #130 on: August 14, 2020, 07:57:01 PM »
Been busy looking after my grandson ,it's school holidays .Mrs Chevy and I took him yesterday to East Kirby to see "Just Jane" this is an up and running world war two Avro Lancaster. The roar of four Rolls Royce Merlin V 12 engines screaming at full chat literally takes you breath away .The smell of 100 + octane avgas is enough to make you go funny.
In the time I had on the project I made the bracket that hold the outer door handle to the door skin. Next is to make the two brackets that secure the inner door cable.

AIG1355

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Temujin Restaurants
« Reply #131 on: August 15, 2020, 10:37:32 AM »
Looks like you're pretty safe in the thought that its not going to snap off in your hand at the most inopportune moment.

dads360

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #132 on: August 17, 2020, 01:00:45 PM »
Yes you right, a lot better than a bit of fibreglass bonded to a kitchen door hinge.

dads360

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #133 on: August 17, 2020, 01:03:23 PM »
Done the mounts for the inner door cable, there little parts that take hours to make.

dads360

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #134 on: September 02, 2020, 08:22:54 PM »
More work done on the nearside, made the mounting support for the door catch. Unfortunately ran out of MIG wire.

Advert