Author Topic: DADS360 - THE Build diary!  (Read 18556 times)

dads360

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: DADS360 - THE Build diary!
« Reply #135 on: October 11, 2020, 12:53:55 PM »
Sorry for no updates, I have been plagued by jobs on my "other" vehicles. My daughter is into the VW camper van scene. Her recent trip to Santa Pod did not go well with reports of down on power from the 1.9 TD engine. So many hours of investigation revealed a partially blocked exhaust. Had to buy a special tool to get the down pipe off !!!!. Once that was resolved it was agreed we would fit an intercooler, this resulted in many more hours of fabrication and parts buying along with fuel pump and turbo mods. All went well until we tried to start the engine, what was once an easy engine to start was not having any of it. So undid all the fuel pump mods but still it would not start. More investigation revealed the cold start was inop. So had to rewire and and replace the cold start relay. Job done, three PSI boost is now twelve pounds of boost. 

dads360

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #136 on: October 11, 2020, 01:06:11 PM »
That was not the end of it, my daily driver BMW decided that it would throw up an rear door thorax yellow airbag light. It's never the airbag, oh no it's " resistance too high ". More hours of my life I will never get back. Two days later it throws up a red drivers airbag light, this was resolved by replacing the ZSL module in the steering column ,did that fix it ,no because it has to be coded to the car. So once that's resolved it throws up an engine management light, "adaptive mixture control bank one and bank two limit reached" this was a ruptured crankcase diaphragms. Did replacing them fix it, no the engine ECM has to have an adaptive control reset. Still have not fixed grand sons quad, I have the parts just not got round to it.

dads360

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #137 on: October 25, 2020, 03:59:54 PM »
Back to the project at last. The nearside B post is now in position. Just the edge for the door rubber to trim and then onto extending the roof drip rail to allow the drop glass to seal against the repositioned rubber.

Advert