Author Topic: Another strange creation  (Read 2203 times)

APDevelopments

• Extreme Owner
  • I dont know where Im going Ask me when I get there
    • View Profile
    • Email
Another strange creation
« on: July 02, 2018, 09:11:10 PM »
Hi guys.
Just came across this unusual replica kit car on fleebay.
A Pagani zonda
Looks alittle squashed up. I dread what’s required to get this through a Iva?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Zonda-Replica-Unfinished-Project-Kit-car-Classic-Track-Car-Unregistered/223042120543?hash=item33ee58ab5f:g:TzMAAOSwSixbOlEx
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 09:13:03 PM by APDevelopments »

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cdrskull@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Another strange creation
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 10:53:34 PM »
I've followed this build with 'interest' lets say over on Madmechanics.. the thread is over 150 page now. :-)

http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/build-diaries/13634-zonda-replica-kitcar-build.html

zxrjohn14

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 11:45:24 AM »
I nearly bought this. I actually won it on eBay for £3600, Nick (The builder) was a really nice guy about it all.
I put on a forum, Mad about kitcars, that I'd bought it and received 5 private messages warning me off it and some pictures of the welding to the space frame. I rang the DVSA who were very helpful. Part of the reply i got via email was:
"With the pictures submitted, which are part of the provenance of the vehicle, it is doubtful that it would pass an IVA test."
Some of the later pictures that Nick sent me also proved the body panels to be bloody awful as they were layed in fibreglass and not moulded.

dangerrous

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2018, 12:37:02 PM »
I had followed this project from the start, even when it went with him to Dubai. I never thought he ever intended for it to go on the road, in all honesty the car is a death trap. It's a pity he spent £££££'s on it. It would never pass an engineer's inspection.
 Can't knock the guy, he built a car in his garage.
D

360brian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 09:38:22 PM »
I had followed this project from the start, even when it went with him to Dubai. I never thought he ever intended for it to go on the road, in all honesty the car is a death trap. It's a pity he spent £££££'s on it. It would never pass an engineer's inspection.
 Can't knock the guy, he built a car in his garage.
D

Nice guy, he has a real Ferrari too. Agree wth you about the car though.

Advert