Author Topic: REGISTERING A PEUGEOT AS THE 360 REPLICA  (Read 6603 times)

XPERT360

• Extreme Owner
    • MSN Messenger - buddyrees@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: REGISTERING A PEUGEOT AS THE 360 REPLICA
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 09:40:49 AM »
there is a stamp on the dashboard facing out in the corner of the windscreen too.

Damien
I think Extreme need to do a POINT TO POINT explination of what is involved with the Radically Altered Vehicle Test. Its probably a piece of piss, but I think customers are getting over worried for nothing. I must say, I dont know whats involved other than me having spoken to Ashley.

What are the implications if the Car fails for instance. What are the implications of not having done a VIC on the car which will not now have a report? just little things like this will ease us from worry I think.
I for one dont want the car to be registered as a Peugeot 406. Id have Extreme 360 for example. I wouldnt want the fact that after spending 18k bulding a car as authentic as damn possible, only for VOSA to put a bloody Q PLATE on it. Q=Fake Ferrari in everyones eyes, if you know what I mean.

I dont know how much work is involved in explaining all this, but well worth it IMO. see what u think.
cheers
Nige

Scott

• Extreme Owner
    • MSN Messenger - scott@splitbus.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 12:47:41 PM »
Guys,

From what I have read the points made are these ;)

1) Ideally change the name of the vehicle before you kit it up, this way the standard car goes for the VIC and you can call it what you like.

2) If you haven't done this then change name take for VIC, however make sure the Vehicle Identification is visable otherwise you may need to have the chassis re-stamped.

Either way looks like a Q is out of the question as long as you can prove that the car is the same one on the V5.

From what I gather a SVA is not required unless you openly tell them it is a radically altered vehicle which I believe would be at your discretion. At this point you would need to score enough points for the vehicle to be deemed as being the same car rather than a mishmash of parts.. i don't see why anyone would want to do the later to be honest, however I would have thought the running gear engine, gearbox, interior would be enough as this seems adeqoute for most kit cars with custom built chassis's and bodies. So I think the SVA is at your own risk. Remember this is a re-body not a different chassis, so I guess its down to intepretation on what a radically altered vehicle is ;)

As an example, I have seen covin porsches that have the covin tube chassis and body say covin on the log book yet retain the beetle reg.

This is what I have read from the posts and looking at other conversions, I may be totally wrong ;)

Just my two pounds fitfty.

Scott

EXTREME

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 05:46:35 PM »
there is a stamp on the dashboard facing out in the corner of the windscreen too.

Damien
I think Extreme need to do a POINT TO POINT explination of what is involved with the Radically Altered Vehicle Test. Its probably a piece of piss, but I think customers are getting over worried for nothing. I must say, I dont know whats involved other than me having spoken to Ashley.

What are the implications if the Car fails for instance. What are the implications of not having done a VIC on the car which will not now have a report? just little things like this will ease us from worry I think.
I for one dont want the car to be registered as a Peugeot 406. Id have Extreme 360 for example. I wouldnt want the fact that after spending 18k bulding a car as authentic as damn possible, only for VOSA to put a bloody Q PLATE on it. Q=Fake Ferrari in everyones eyes, if you know what I mean.

I dont know how much work is involved in explaining all this, but well worth it IMO. see what u think.
cheers
Nige

If you wish to call your car something else you have to have a radically altered vehicle test. I know of very few people that would feel the need to do this, it is not against the law to put a kit on your car and leave it registered as it is, this is what nearly all people do, if you go for a radically altered test they check it is the same car, ask you a few questions, on what you did to the car. If they are happy with your explanation on what you say you did to the car then they say what do you want to call it. And that’s it, from what I can gather there is going to be a part on the log book soon to eliminate the test that you fill in to say you changed it, to save them checking it. This sound like the easy way

XPERT360

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2008, 04:14:44 PM »
just a though.
If I do NOT do a Radically altered vehicle test, which I dont have to, my car will be a 406 coupe', therefore not classed as a kit car therefore expensive insurance. (Well not as cheap). I will however have to declare that its a heavily modified 406 to get the insured value to about 30k to reflect the car's true value and not 2k for a standard 406 and they possibley could insist on an engineers report which could open a whole can of worms.
I understand that if its classed as a kit car, my premuim will be low, especially on low milage policy.

ANY FEEDBACK OR VIEWS?

EXTREME

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2008, 06:21:50 PM »
just a though.
If I do NOT do a Radically altered vehicle test, which I dont have to, my car will be a 406 coupe', therefore not classed as a kit car therefore expensive insurance. (Well not as cheap). I will however have to declare that its a heavily modified 406 to get the insured value to about 30k to reflect the car's true value and not 2k for a standard 406 and they possibley could insist on an engineers report which could open a whole can of worms.
I understand that if its classed as a kit car, my premuim will be low, especially on low milage policy.

ANY FEEDBACK OR VIEWS?

You do not have to do a RAVT to get kit car insurace, you can leave it as a pug
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 08:36:08 AM by EXTREME »

XPERT360

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2008, 07:53:50 PM »
well....thats put me in my place. Sorry guys I didnt know.  :-X :-\ :-X :-\

Advert