Author Topic: Kieren's build Diary  (Read 12298 times)

dcookie monster

• Extreme Owner
  • no cookie crumbs in this baby
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Kieren's build Diary
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2020, 01:50:10 PM »
cheers pal ive been reading your build and very impressed i must say.  im just getting a few other jobs out of the way then im hopefully starting on the car as a bit of a winter project.  Do you know if you can still get things like the fake engines ? 

dcookie monster

• Extreme Owner
  • no cookie crumbs in this baby
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Kieren's build Diary
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2021, 05:23:55 PM »
So after another year gone ive actually started on my car again,  had to strip both the rear hubs down as dust covers were shot rear bolts had seized and various other things needed doing so I thought Ill do it properly and replace the lot new rear calipers, new dust covers new front and rear discs and pads, new handbrake cables, had to source some new rear caliper pins as these where impossible to find anywhere but hopefully the next few weeks ill get around to putting it all together.

I tried to fire my engine up but as its been disconnected for so long im just getting an immobilser light flashing, had to change the key battery this flashed on its first few attempts then stopped and the buttons fell out  :-\  Ive read loads of articles about resets etc but my car is stripped has anyone else this problem ?

Im also looking at getting the cam and water belts changed over I have 99 plate can anyone recommend a good place to get them from Im seeing all kinds of prices.

Advert