Author Topic: Seat Mods  (Read 5023 times)

davecymru

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
Seat Mods
« on: March 11, 2010, 09:09:41 AM »
I hear rumour that Extreme do a seat mod to make the MR2 ones look like the Lambo ones.
Has anyone had this done, or done it themselves?

Also, there was a post on here a while back for a after market set of 90% similar seats, did anyone buy a set?

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cdrskull@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Seat Mods
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 11:33:42 AM »
here are mine... Extreme modded :-)

Steve

doktor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 02:45:14 PM »
they look nice. can i ask how much? and is that breadfieldz? and are they next door to extreem, or part of the same company? and lastly, can you choose the options, material, stitching colour etc, are there different options, or do you get what you get.

oh, and one more, are they comfy? I don't have my mr2 yet, nor have i sat in one. so, are the seats good, or do they feel like 15 year old 4th hand car seats?  :)

cheers

Drew355

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 02:51:34 PM »
Broadfieldz was about an hour away from extreme, but they arent trading any more.

The seats have all the covering stripped off them, then new metal frames for the headrests welded on & new padding for the top area. Whilst the covers are off, you can replace any damaged springs or compressed padding so when recovered they should be as good as new. I found the MR2 standard seats in my 96 very comfy & that has done 100k miles, 50k of those with my fat ar5e on it!!!!

Once modded, any car trimmer/upholstery place should be able to do them to your exact requirements. Custom car interior and trimming isnt cheap though, it may be more cost effective to buy aftermarket ones.

doktor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 04:45:42 PM »
so broadfieldz are no longer operating? are there any replacements? is extreem offering anything comparable, or is it down to the builder to soprt it now? thanks

Drew355

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 01:49:31 PM »
Nope, they went out of business a while ago.
Broadfieldz just bought and built extremes kits, they did not make anything themselves (and from recent posts and what others have said they did poor jobs)

The seat mods are all available from extreme i.e. the metalwork, but you have to weld it to the seat and add the padding etc yourself.

EVANS MOTORSPORTS

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 10:12:33 PM »
extreme seat conversions look the biz

doktor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 04:33:34 PM »
conversions available from extreme. something else to start saving for. I know someone who does furniture re-coverings, so I guess this is the option. I can sew on a button, but I don;t much fancy trying to hand stitch the leather on 2 seats. Do Extreme supply the materials like the seat leather and the lambo detailing, or just the metal work?

cheers

Advert