Author Topic: Peggyontherun Murci Build  (Read 22681 times)

peggyontherun

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
Peggyontherun Murci Build
« on: March 15, 2010, 07:34:54 PM »
Just bought this today http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1075601 anybody have any suggestions where i should start ??

cheers

Sean D
I Live my life a quater miles at a time.Nothing else matters Not the Morgage not the store not my team and all there bull****.For those ten seconds or less i'm free - Don Fast & Furious

janman92

• View Profile
Re: Just bought this
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 08:04:29 PM »
did you take a look at the frame work cuz it really doesnt look that well done...

peggyontherun

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 08:20:44 PM »
njknkjnlk
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 04:59:55 PM by peggyontherun »
I Live my life a quater miles at a time.Nothing else matters Not the Morgage not the store not my team and all there bull****.For those ten seconds or less i'm free - Don Fast & Furious

EVANS MOTORSPORTS

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 10:11:19 PM »
have fun,weve got two of these in our workshop..

peggyontherun

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 09:39:58 AM »
nnkjnkjl
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 05:00:10 PM by peggyontherun »

Drew355

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 10:17:03 AM »
Welcome to the forum mate, can you take some pics of the frame and the bits you have so we can establish where the kit came from & how best to help you. If the frame is all there then your job should be quite a bit easier. The thicker metal parts on the frame (i.e. not the tubing) should all be laser cut and you should have loads of extra tubing, laser cut brackets, suspension arm replacements, hinges, attachments, mounting points, exhaust hangers, etc etc.

If you dont have all these, then the kit is likely to be a splashed copy & really sorry to say, but your job is going to be incredibly difficult & you are highly unlikely to get any help or parts to finish your car from extreme.

Hopefully it isnt, and if so, you are pretty much at the same point I am with mine. I am assuming the previous owner lost the dvd, so you need to contact extreme to get the details for the video.

I would say the first job is to remove all the body panels & check all the welding that has been done so far. Check the fixing points and measure side to side & compare to see if it has been put on square. Then start with the larger panels & remount, fixing with little self tapping screws or clamps just to get a feel of the fit of the panels & which need tweaking or amounts removing etc.

One thing to remember is DONT BOND ANYTHING. The bonding is one of the later jobs & you have to be totally happy with how everything fits together before bonding any panels at all.

Once you have the build DVD it will all become much clearer.

Make sure you take plenty of photos and once we have your status changed to 'Owner' you can get a build diary going.

Good luck!

EVANS MOTORSPORTS

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 12:00:26 PM »
just as drew says,dont bond anything till you have completed a full dry run with panels screwed,fixed,taped,blue tacked,hilti gunned or jammed with woodbine packets!Hopefully this is an original kit and not a copied item where you will be in trouble  with fitting up due to lack of fixing points etc....goood luck

StevieMilliken

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 01:47:18 PM »
Hi Where abouts are you I live in N.Ireland and have just bought something similar may be able to help each other out

peggyontherun

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2010, 04:18:48 PM »
hjbjhbjk
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 05:00:24 PM by peggyontherun »

exabyte

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2010, 05:46:43 PM »
I went to see that car too, i walked away from it though i didnt think the fiberglass looked of a decent quality

peggyontherun

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2010, 06:15:41 PM »
hjbkjbnjk
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 05:00:39 PM by peggyontherun »

Drew355

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2010, 10:05:17 AM »
If there is no metal frame, it isnt an extreme kit, but a splashed copy & sorry to say you are going to have a hard time with it.

How is the mr2 modified so far?

You should post pics then we can try to help you with what to do next. These splashed kits are going to be a big problem for builders and you are highly unlikely to get bits from extreme, but let us take a look then at least we can tell you if what has been done already has been done right.

peggyontherun

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2010, 07:43:22 PM »

vghg
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 05:00:54 PM by peggyontherun »

janman92

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2010, 10:13:07 PM »
looks really f***ed up!
hope everything will work.........
suppose i wont be easy

davecymru

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2010, 06:22:10 PM »
It looks like you're going to be kept busy for a while!
I really do wish you the best of luck, as you never know, with enough time and paitence i imagine that you will get somewhere.

Can anybody tell me what that Dash is? is it modified MR2?

Advert